A fellow blogger has challenged us in a game of tag. What I love about Rarasaur is she never hesitates to break the rules, while still following thru. Grin. My rule breaking is to simply post her questions and then answer ‘em:
Rarasaur’s Eleven Questions:
1. Name a smell you love, a smell you hate, and/or a smell you never really notice: . 1. I love the smell of fresh bread baking, freshly mown grass, and the smell of my husband; 2. Cannot stand the smell or taste or iron or liver – I don’t care what they do to disguise it, it touches the tip of my tongue and I’m in full bore rejection mode; 3. A smell not noticed – sorta answers itself, eh?
2. Name an interest or hobby you wish more of your friends shared with you. Umm, tough one. Maybe a discussion of our purpose, each one is different, but the idea it’s important. A long time ago, a group of us were milling around in the backyard and I can’t remember how it came up, but someone was collecting what was important to us and I answered, “What is my purpose in the Universe?” and another friend laughed aloud and said, “If that isn’t just like her! I would ask what is my purpose for my homeowners’ condominuim association and HuntMode asks for the Universe!”
3. Name something you can teach, that you’d enjoy teaching. Ah, I loved teaching stress reduction techniques, Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) courses, and ToastMasters! I also loved volunteering at the Zoo as an Ambassador.
4. What is something you’d really like to learn? I learned how to can on an industrial scale this past weekend – fascinating to see such organization.
5. What do you do when you’re off-line? I’m never offline.
6. Do you sing in the shower? If so, what type of music? Of course, I sing in the shower, it’s the only safe place to do so. Well, okay, I do find myself making up tunes wandering around the house. For music… if you wish to torture me, just pass by me humming a tune and I’m stuck with it on an endless loop until I hear something else.
7. Would you rather be a raccoon or a fox? Why? Oh, the fox, definitely! I saw one the other day and they just have that wonderful predator look while still appearing sweet and cute. Raccoons, on the other hand, while maybe cute from a distance are pushy beggers and fierce.
8. If you had to choose between a million dollars and superpowers, which would you choose? Superpowers in a heartbeat. With the new tax laws, superpowers go further!
9. What’s your favorite day and why? When we go from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time – I LOVE the extra hour created by rolling our clocks back – I leave mine the same all day just so I can enjoy all over again the sensation the clock is wrong!
10. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Not telling. That’s between God and me….
11. To whom would you (or to whom did you) dedicate your first book? Actually, it was my Master’s thesis, “To the men and women who have served and are serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom; to those brave souls, the shadow warriors, who serve on the front lines of the Global War on Terror; and especially to those men and women working in Information Operations. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, never have so few done so much so fast.”